Monday, March 1, 2010

Writing

The best time for me to write is early in the morning. Right after I've woken up, brushed my teeth and taken care of morning basics. Then I hop to the computer and let it flow out. It just seems like I am more creative and writing is easier at that time of day. Perhaps it's because I've been dreaming all night and occasionally I get some of my writing ideas from my dreams. I can also write better on days that I have the day off from work and can relax some.

Unfortunately, I don't have the chance to ever do this except on Saturday mornings which is why my creative writing gets a lot less attention that the freelance articles I do. I can write them anytime because it's basically just stating facts and research to help someone make an informed decision. After a day at work, I find that my creativity is completely gone. I am empty of anything good and happy. I definitely understand why they call it the daily grind. Because it wears you down in every way - physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment