Monday, April 26, 2010

The Kodak ESP 9 All-in-One Printer

The Kodak ESP-9 is a new printer produced by the well-known Kodak Eastman Company and sold through chain stores such as Best Buy. The printer features the ability to print photos, scan documents, copy documents and fax documents. The two inch LCD screen is a nice aspect, but I personally am not that impressed by it. Navigating the menu options on the screen is done by the touch-sensitive buttons beside the screen. The printer has two trays. One is used for standard size letter paper and one is used for photo paper that is 5x7 or smaller. Wireless capability is one of the best features of this printer. It can operate on a local network and I can print from anywhere in the house without having to connect my laptop to the printer.

I bought my Kodak ESP-9 in the beginning of April 2010 from the local Best Buy. It retailed for $249.99; however, between the two promotional discounts, I paid $129.99 for the printer. I think that is a reasonable price for the features of the printer. I certainly would not have bought this printer for the retail price. Replacement ink cartridges cost less than $10 making the replacement ink quite affordable.

My biggest complaint about this printer is the time it takes to turn on and the pre-printing time it takes to get going. The actual print speed is not bad and it has decent photo printing quality. However, when you turn the printer on, it takes a good minute at least to turn on. Then when you print, it takes a lot of time warming up to do the print. It also makes a lot of noise while it is getting ready to print.

This printer certainly can not be considered energy efficient with all the lights that stay on continually while the printer is on. I usually keep it unplugged from the wall when not in use.
 
I give it 3-1/2 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment