Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sabrina


Sabrina Matthews does not know how to respond when she is taken from where she lives as a prostitute and offered a new life of hope. She takes a risk and chooses help, but finds that her old life keeps catching up with her. She moves to Token Creek, Montana, where she finds confirmation of her new spiritual life. She is blessed by quickly obtaining a job and a place to stay. Yet, a restlessness remains. She longs to help women like her who have been involved in prostitution and desire a new life. When a young, attractive preacher tries to reach out to these women as well, Sabrina finds herself deeply attracted, but still convinced that this man could never accept a person with her past.

This is a classic story of “every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” I liked the book well enough, but I just did not think it was as well written as some of the other books Lori Wick has produced. Also, I am a bit biased because I've read Francine River's Redeeming Love which is also about a woman coming out of prostitution and I think that will forever be one of my favorite books.

No comments:

Post a Comment