Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Love of Her Own by Maggie Brendan

April McBride may be a spoiled rich girl with a life of ease, but she is passionate about horses. When she arrives in Lewistown, Montana, she finds Wes Owen training a horse and immediately objects to his method. Fortunately for Wes, April is nearly late for her brother's wedding and must save further objections for a later time. The ensuing encounters between April and Wes are no less dramatic and confrontational. Strangely enough, April's feelings toward Wes move from frustration to intrigue. Will April look past the obvious differences between Wes and herself to find a common ground?

Normally, I absolutely love a well-written historical romance. However, A Love of Her Own by Maggie Brendan is what I would call an “okay” book. It was diverting enough, but very predictable. I enjoyed the romantic moments of the book and April's transformation from spoiled child to kind young woman. However, I felt the story lacked authenticity. Some situations/things just seemed too convenient while others seemed downright strange. Unfortunately, I never really felt like the book grabbed me and drew me in. I recommend renting A Love of Her Own from the library before buying.

Click here to read an excerpt from A Love of Her Own by Maggie Brendan.

No comments:

Post a Comment