Friday, April 22, 2011

$.38 Buys Two Cake Mixes & Two Frostings

I would like to share a great deal that I got from my local Publix on Wednesday.  Two Duncan Hines Cake Mixes and two Duncan Hines Frostings for $.38.  Yes, that is $.38 for all four items.  I am by no means an "extreme couponer." However, this was such a great deal that I just have to share.

Here's how I did it:

The cake mixes were $1.99 each, but they were on sale BOGO. The frostings were on sale for 1.29 each (normally 1.67).  I got the one cake mix free automatically, but I had a manufacturer's coupon to get a free cake mix if I bought two frostings.  So, that gave me my second cake mix for free. Then, I had four Publix store coupons worth $.55 each. My Publix allowed me to use one for each time.  So, the $2.20 worth of Publix store coupons all went towards the price of the frostings which was $2.58.  That left me paying $.38 for all four items.  Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment