Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 & This Blog

I don't plan to make any New Year's resolutions for myself this year. However, as I begin this year and think of the direction I would like to pursue regarding this blog, a few things occur to me:

1. I need a new layout.  This one is functional and modern, but not truly reflective of this blog.

2. Since becoming pregnant and the subsequent birth of my child, my time allowance for blogging was significantly reduced. In 2010, I had 95 posts. In 2011, I had 143 posts. In 2012, I had only 35 posts.

3. According to the Goodreads widget, I read 27 books which was only about half of my 52 book goal. This year I'll be lowering my goal to 26 books per year - that's one every two weeks.  I have a daughter who's about to go mobile. Enough said.  :)

4. I want to create more lively reviews.  To do this, I must insist to myself that I write the review immediately after finishing the book. Waiting 4-5 days, diminishes the book's effect and my reviews become more plain.

5.  It is time to pick up the pen myself. It is easy to edit and point out things that could make someone else's book better, but the truth is, I have never completed a book and I think I would have a deeper understanding of authors and books if I did. Not to mention, it would be great if I could actually publish something!



2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Jolene has read 0 books toward her goal of 26 books.
hide

No comments:

Post a Comment