Monday, March 12, 2012

New Mother's Guide to Breastfeeding by American Academy of Pediatrics


Every pregnant woman has questions about how to care for her soon-to-arrive baby. I'm expecting a baby girl in about three months and my husband has been adamant that he wants me to breastfeed. I wasn't thrilled with the idea, but I had heard about the physical benefits for both me and the baby. After reading New Mother's Guide to Breastfeeding, I am convinced that I do want to breastfeed and that the benefits far outweigh the hassles.

Far from being a book that glorified breastfeeding and made it sound like a walk in the park, New Mother's Guide to Breastfeeding plainly explained the aspects of breastfeeding while emphasizing the benefits. The book's step-by-step approach was very informative and made me feel confident that I can breastfeed my child. It covered a variety of topics and many points that I never even thought to have questions about. I will definitely be keeping this book as a reference tool for when baby arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment