Friday, March 6, 2015

What's in a Name... or Book Title?

Book Blogger Hop


Every week Coffee Addicted Writer hosts the Book Blogger Hop. Participants answer a question and then visit other blogs of fellow participants to chime in on the discussion. This week's question is:

“Do you think a book's title is important?”

My answer: A book's title is definitely important for me. An interesting title will lead me to read the synopsis. Fairly often, I pass over books with corny titles. I think the best combination is a catchy title with an eye-catching cover.

Dauntless by Dina L. Sleiman is an example of a book that I almost passed over because the author wasn't familiar to me. However, the cover and title wouldn't let me go and I was glad that I read it as it turned out to be really good.

What about you?

3 comments:

  1. Me too! I love book covers that is the most important but then titles are number 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I'm not going to read or not read a book just because of the title I'm like you in that a good title (especially pared with a great cover) will make me look twice at an unknown author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you found The Book Blogger Hop. So happy to have you in the linky list.

    Great answer.

    Covers grab me first, but the title needs to be good as well.

    I agree about the book you have featured...great cover and title.

    ENJOY your weekend, and again...welcome to The Book Blogger Hop.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete