Monday, October 8, 2018

The Prayer Box by Lisa Wingate


Just when Tandi Jo Reese has found a safe place for herself and her children, her landlord, Iola Anne Poole, passes away. Desperate to find income and stay in the rental cottage, Tandi agrees to clean out Iola's home. To Tandi's surprise, she finds beautifully decorated prayer boxes that contain prayers and a life story. She finds unexpected connection with the author of the prayers and healing begins to take root. Read more in The Prayer Box by Lisa Wingate.

Once again, my book club has introduced me to an amazing book that wasn't even on my radar. It's one of the best books I've read this year. The novel held my attention from the beginning, was well-written, and progressed at the perfect pace. I was intrigued by the prayer boxes and the characters pulled me in, making me wish they were real. Tandi's character development was phenomenal. I loved watching her grow, change, and open her heart to the right people. Prayer is a prominent theme in the novel, but there were other secondary themes about grace, empowerment, and helping others.

The Prayer Box by Lisa Wingate is the first full-length novel in the Carolina Heirlooms series. It has a prequel novella, The Sea Glass Sisters, and a postlude novella, The Tidewater Sisters, which appears to continue Tandi's story. Neither of these are required to understand and enjoy The Prayer Box. I highly recommend The Prayer Box to anyone who enjoys inspirational fiction.

Read an excerpt from The Prayer Box on the publisher's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment