Friday, August 16, 2019

First Line Fridays: The Killing Tide by Dani Pettrey

Happy Friday!

First Line Fridays is hosted by Hoarding Books and participants share the first line from a nearby book.

Today I'm sharing the first line from The Killing Tide by Dani Pettrey:

"Fire ripped through Finn's right shoulder, ricocheting down his arm."

Have you read this book? It released earlier this month and currently is sitting on my tbr stack.

What are you reading this weekend?

Have a great weekend! Happy reading!


About the Book:

A Corpse That Only Leads to Secrets. 
An Old Flame with Danger Written all over Her.
Things Are about to Get Very Complicated.

When one Coast Guard officer is found dead and another goes missing, Coast Guard Investigative Service special agent Finn Walker faces his most dangerous crime yet. His only clues are what little evidence remains aboard the dead officer's boat, and the direction the clues point to will test Finn and the Guard to their limits.


The already volatile situation is complicated even further by the arrival of Gabby Rowley--Finn's boss's sister and an investigative reporter with unrelenting questions about the crime. Now that she's returned, the tug on Finn's heart is strong, but with the risks she's taking for her next big story, he fears she might not live through it.


Thrown together by the heinous crime, Finn and Gabby can't ignore the sparks or judgments flying between them. But will they be able to see past their preconceptions long enough to track down an elusive killer, or will they become his next mark?



First Line Fridays hosted by Hoarding Books

14 comments:

  1. This is book going to be so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't ready anything by her and am really looking forward to this one!

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday! My first line is from “The Redemption Road” by Christa MacDonald:

    “The jingle of sleigh bells rang out as the door to the shop swung open.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this book around the blogosphere lately. I hope you enjoy it :) I'd love for you to stop by:

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2019/08/first-lines-friday-and-56-81619.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely stop by! Have a great weekend, Colletta!

      Delete
  4. I came home with a copy of this from FRS last week! <3
    Today on my blog I shared the first line from My Dearest Dietrich by Amanda Barratt. I just finished A Glitter of Gold by Liz Johnson but I'm about to start The Healing Jar by Wanda Brunstetter so I'll share that first line here: "Tears sprang to Lenore Lapp’s eyes as she stood with the others who had come to witness this special English wedding." Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to attend FRS sometime. I saw photos on IG and it looked like so much fun! Have a great weekend, Becca!

      Delete
  5. Well that is a crazy first line!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Saturday!

    I'm currently reading Trial by Patience by Tabitha Bouldin.

    "Sully galloped down the trail."

    Hope you have a great weekend! 🙂❤📚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend... or what's left of it. :)

      Delete
  7. Ouch! I hope he’s doing okay? :)

    I’m sharing on my blog the first line from When Mountains Sing by Stacy Monson.

    The clash of cologne, sweat, and ego assaulted her senses as it did every weekday morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he's the leading man of the story, so he has to be okay after awhile, right? Looking forward to reading this one!

      Delete