Friday, October 18, 2019

First Line Fridays: One Final Breath by Lynn Blackburn

Happy Friday! 

First Line Fridays is hosted by Hoarding Books and participants share the first line from a nearby book.

Today I'm sharing the first lines from One Final Breath by Lynn H. Blackburn:

"It didn't get much better than this."

What are you reading this weekend?

Have a great weekend! Happy reading!


About the Book:

Revenge has no statute of limitations.

When investigator Gabe Chavez had his cover blown by an aggressive reporter, the silver lining was being able to rejoin the dive team. The downside? Dive team captain Anissa Bell, a woman who both fascinates and frustrates him.

Anissa grew up as a missionary kid on the Micronesian island of Yap and always planned to return after college. But she remained stateside, determined to solve the case that haunts her--the murder of her best friend and the disappearance of a three-year-old child.

When Anissa's fractured past collides with Gabe's investigation into the tragic shooting death of a teenage boy in Lake Porter, they'll have to put aside their complicated history with each other in order to uncover the killer's identity. 

First Line Fridays hosted by Hoarding Books

8 comments:

  1. Today on my blog I shared the first line from Deadly Deceit by Natalie Walters but I'm currently reading How the Light Gets In by Jolina Petersheim so I'll share the first line from my current chapter (9) here: "Elam Albrecht didn't have many needs." Hope you have a great weekend! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have both of those on my unread book shelf! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. On my blog I’m sharing the first line from Because of You by Becky Wade, however I finished it last night and am now reading Stitched in Time by Suzanne Woods Fisher. I’ll share the first line of that book here. “It took a lot to shock Luke Schrock.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read lot of Becky Wade's books, but I'm not sure if I read that one... maybe I did. Anyway, happy reading!

      Delete
  3. Happy Friday! My first line is from Wyatt: The Montana Marshalls" by Susan May Warren:

    "Usually Wyatt, goalie for the Minnesota Blue Ox NHL team, could shrug off his mistakes."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to reading that one... after I catch up on the rest of the Montana Marshalls series! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  4. I like that opening line! Happy Saturday! I’m sharing on my blog the first line from Grace in the Shadows by Christine Dillon.

    It was love at first sight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Saturday!

    Yesterday on my blog I shared the first line from The Painted Castle by Kristy Cambron: https://christianfictiongirl.blog/2019/10/17/first-line-friday-106/. I'm currently reading Always Look Twice by Elizabeth Goddard, so I'll share a line from that book.

    "For some reason he would never understand, Heath always ended up assisting someone in the direst of circumstances."

    Hope you're having a good weekend! 🙂❤📖

    ReplyDelete