Friday, May 21, 2021

First Line Fridays: The Nature of a Lady by Roseanna M. White

Happy Friday!

First Line Fridays is hosted by Hoarding Books and participants share the first line from a nearby book.

Today, I'm sharing the first line from The Nature of a Lady by Roseanna M. White.

"He was a prince at sea. That's what John Mucknell shouted whenever battle was upon him."

The Nature of a Lady released earlier this month. I can't wait to read it!

What are you reading this weekend? I'd love for you to share your book's first line!

Happy reading!



About the Book:

1906

Lady Elizabeth "Libby" Sinclair, with her love of microscopes and nature, isn't favored in society. She flees to the beautiful Isles of Scilly for the summer and stumbles onto the dangerous secrets left behind by her holiday cottage's former occupant, also named Elizabeth, who mysteriously vanished.

Oliver Tremayne--gentleman and clergyman--is determined to discover what happened to his sister, with the help of the girl now living in what should have been Beth's summer cottage . . . especially when he realizes it's the curious young lady he met briefly two years ago, who shares his love of botany and biology. But the hunt for his sister involves far more than nature walks, and he can't quite believe all the secrets Beth had been keeping from him.

As Libby and Oliver work together, they uncover ancient legends, pirate wrecks, betrayal, and the most mysterious phenomenon of all: love.


First Line Fridays hosted by Hoarding Books

3 comments:

  1. I loved everything about this story! It was so good. :)

    My first line comes from Hooked on You by Kathleen Fuller: https://wp.me/po307-1TS

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing this book and I think the cover is beautiful. I am glad I participated in first line Friday this week, I LOVE your blog. I have been looking for ideas for my book blog. I recently started a book blog so that I wouldn't keep posting books on my personal blog, where others might not be interested. I have a lot to learn, like how to pin my blogs to Pinterest and stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved Lady!!

    My first line is from Dusk’s Darkest Shores by Carolyn Miller:
    Amberly, Lake District, England. March 1811

    Music and laughter swirled through the assembly room, a shiney animated scene within a life-sized bauble.

    ReplyDelete