Sunday, November 27, 2022

Movie Review: It's Christmas Again

About the Movie:

Jake Young (Lawson Touliatos) wants nothing more than to spend his Christmas vacation with his girlfriend, Abbey Walker (Leela Owen). So when Abbey volunteers for her church's Christmas play, Jake is ready to skip Christmas this year until an unexpected turn of events lands him in a field outside Bethlehem on the night Jesus was born. While on his journey with the shepherds to find the promised Messiah, Jake discovers the true meaning of Christmas. Coming this Christmas season, IT'S CHRISTMAS AGAIN is a modern-day musical the whole family will love!

A magical musical adventure through time coming to theaters November 29th for ONE NIGHT ONLY!


Movie Trailer:


My Review:

A creative and fun movie, It’s Christmas Again mixes the traditional Nativity story with Dickens’ A Christmas Carol and adds lots of music. I loved all the singing and dancing! A few times the lyrics were lost to me, and my children also mentioned not understanding what the big groups were singing. However, I think we should all start blessing our family meals with song and dance the way they did in Aunt Martha’s Bethlehem house!

In addition to the musical aspect, It’s Christmas Again exercises creative liberty as Jake changes from being somewhat cynical and indifferent about Christmas to putting substantial effort into meaningful Christmas activities and loving others selflessly. The main message of Jesus’ birth as the reason for Christmas shines clearly. Other inspirational themes include helping others and how actions matter.

The Christmas season can be stressful and It’s Christmas Again felt fun and light, just what I needed at the moment I watched it. I enjoyed the occasional moments of humor and appreciated the racially diverse cast. I’d happily watch this movie again. Four stars.



Many thanks to Mapelle films for providing a sample of the product for this review. Opinions are 100% my own.


More About IT'S CHRISTMAS AGAIN:






Giveaway:


One reader of this post will receive a $10 Amazon gift card. US only. Giveaway ends 12/01/2022 at 11:59 P. M. EST.

Enter by leaving a comment on this post that includes your name and email address.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful. Thank you for sharing.
    Rita Wray
    Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, Rita! You won! I'll be sending you an email shortly.

      Delete
  2. I like a good Christmas movie.
    reklaw422 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughters love musicals so this looks like a fun movie.

    mami2jcn at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great to watch with my grandkids. Shelly Peterson cshell090869 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had not heard of this before, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

    ReplyDelete