Thursday, February 2, 2023

January 2023 Reading Recap & February 2023 TBR

My January 2023 Reads: 

I read lots of poetry in January and I have no regrets. 

  1. The Rose and the Thistle by Laura Frantz - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Read my review.

  2. Walking With My Angel by Adam Scott Campbell - ⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Read my review.

  3. Woman of God by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro - ⭐⭐⭐⭐ - This novel surprised me. It's a general market fiction novel that held some things I don't enjoy (occasional profanity, irreverent attitude toward God), but it also contained a religious depth that I appreciated. More conservative readers might be offended by a woman in a church leadership role or the occasional mention of gay/lesbian inclusivity in the church. Overall, I enjoyed reading the novel and appreciated Brigid's authentic journey to/with God.

  4. The Last Chance Cowboy by Jody Hedlund - ⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Read my review.

  5. Poems by C. S. Lewis -  ⭐⭐⭐½ - This collection reminded me of the poetry I read in college. While I appreciated its literary excellence, I only liked a handful of the poems. 🙁

  6. Everything is Just Beginning by Erin Bartels - ⭐⭐⭐ - Read my review.

  7. Peace in the Midst of the Storm by Kaleb Thompson - ⭐⭐⭐ - Read my review.



Expected February 2023 Reads:

  1. The Glass Road by Alyssa Schwarz.

  2. The Rose and the Thistle by Laura Frantz. - Yes! I read this book in January, and I'll be reading it again in February as it's my local book club's monthly selection.

  3. Write Better by Andrew T. Le Peau.

  4. The Weight of Air by Kimberly Duffy.

  5. An Explorer's Guide to Julian of Norwich by Veronica Mary Rolf - Currently reading and I absolutely love it!

  6. The Sound of Light by Sarah Sundin.

  7. Return From Tomorrow by George G. Ritchie and Elizabeth Sherrill.

  8. Endless Grace by Dan Wilt and Ryan Smith. - Prayers inspired by Psalms 76-150 - Currently reading.




What will you read this month?

1 comment:

  1. You did have a good month of reading in January and I'm glad you're happy about the poetry you read.

    ReplyDelete