Thursday, July 30, 2026

Author Interview: A Cowboy to Call Her Own by Cari Lynn Webb


A Cowboy to Call Her Own JustRead Blog + Review Tour

Welcome to the Blog + Review Tour for A Cowboy to Call Her Own by Cari Lynn Webb, hosted by JustRead Publicity Tours!

About the Book


Title: A Cowboy to Call Her Own 
Series:
The Bluegrass Blackwells #1 
Author:
Cari Lynn Webb 
Publisher:
Harlequin Heartwarming 
Release Date:
July 28, 2026 
Genre:
Contemporary Romance

This big-city cowboy 
Just swept her off her boots!
 

Saving his family’s Kentucky racing stables is priority number one for cowboy Asher Blackwell. Love is not on his agenda. But when pretty chef Kelley Munroe pulls him into a clumsy two-step, he’s charmed. And making a deal with her to cater for the stables adds a little sunlight to his days. As a shared love of horses draws them together, and they’re roped into planning the town’s Fourth of July celebrations, the sparks between them blossom into fireworks. Asher wasn’t looking for a fresh start, and his life is in New York. But Kelley’s healing support is cracking open his guarded heart. Could she be the cowgirl he’d always hoped for?  

USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR

PURCHASE LINKS: Goodreads | Harlequin | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Bookshop | BookBub


Book Excerpt


“It’s not exactly easy, cooking in this place,” Asher said.

But Kelley felt at ease with him. The more time she spent with her cowboy, the longer she wanted to stay and share secrets. “Once I figured out the quirks around here, there was nothing to it.”

Asher eyed her like he didn’t believe her. “You aren’t like most people I know.”

You aren’t like I expected either. And she was not certain if she was happy about that. “Is it good or bad that I’m not like most people?”

“It was a compliment.” Asher finished his drink and added, “I imagine most chefs would have walked in here and then walked out. Probably even most home cooks.”

“I like a challenge,” Kelley said.

“That’s not it.” Asher shook his head. “You see the best in things, not the worst.”

“Not always,” Kelley confessed. “Especially not after my divorce.”

“What changed?” he asked.

I met a cowboy.

Also Available


About the Author

Cari Lynn Webb

Cari Lynn Webb lives in Florida with her husband. She's been blessed to see the power of true love in her grandparent's 70 year marriage and her parent's marriage of over 50 years. She knows love isn't always sweet and perfect, it can be challenging, complicated and risky. But she believes happily-ever-afters are worth fighting for. She loves to connect with readers.

Connect with Cari by visiting carilynnwebb.com to follow her on social media and subscribe to email newsletter updates.


Author Interview


Q: What inspired you to write A Cowboy to Call Her Own?

Cari: A Cowboy to Call Her Own is part of the Blackwell series that I write with four other Harlequin Heartwarming authors: Melinda Curtis, Carol Ross, Anna Stewart and Amy Vastine. We were fortunate this time around and we got to brainstorm with our editor, Kathryn Lye about the Kentucky Blackwells during a writer’s conference. It was really fun to have our editor giving us feedback in real time as we worked through possible story ideas. We then took each book idea and expanded it later and here we are.


Q: How long did it take to write this book?

Cari: Between drafting, writing, editing and revisions I’m going to say months. LOL! It’s not an entirely quick process between my first draft and final copy. Each book seems to be different and the different phases seem to have their own unique time schedule.


Q: What surprised you while researching/writing this novel?

Cari: How much fun I had going first in the series. I tend to like to write the last book in the series which is often a holiday book. I love Christmas-set books. However, this time around I went first and got to set up the Kentucky Blackwells and I really enjoyed it.


Q: Do you have a favorite quote from A Cowboy to Call Her Own?

Cari: This is a bit longer – but it says so much about my heroine, Kelley Munroe.

At the exit, he glanced at her and added, “Save a space on your dance card for me, Ms. Kelley Munroe.”

There would have been a time she would have saved her entire dance card for a cowboy like him. Except Asher Blackwell was a city cowboy now.

And Kelley left those behind when she signed her divorce papers, headed back home and hung up her heart for good.



Q: When did you first know you wanted to be an author?

Cari: I was first a romance reader and absolutely love the genre, especially historical romance. My first book – the one authors refer to as the one under the bed – was a Medieval romance. I wrote it because it was what I wanted to read at the time and that book began my journey into becoming an author.


Q: Would you share something about yourself that most readers wouldn’t know?

Cari: I tried out for Wheel of Fortune – one of my favorite shows. And I really want to be a contestant some day. LOL! Although I’m slightly terrified if I ever got on the show I would freeze up on camera.


Q: What are you currently reading?

Cari: I’m currently reading a book by Melinda Curtis – we critique for each other quite often. Melinda is part of my writing tribe and I could not have been on this journey so long without her.


Q: What is your favorite genre to read?

Cari: Romance. Romance. Romance. All the time. Any time. LOL! I read everything from historical to paranormal to cozy to mafia with every heat level there is. What I like is a really great love story.


Q: What is your favorite hobby?

Cari: I love to bake. I’m getting better at flooding cookies and decorating. I read food blogs and try new recipes all the time. Some are winners, some are not.


Q: What is your favorite season and why?

Cari: I like the holiday season from Thanksgiving through to New Years – I like the joy in the holiday season and having all my family around me. My dad loved Christmas so much and I’ve followed in his footsteps. There is something extra magical during that time of the year for me. Lots of really fabulous memories that I cherish.

Tour Giveaway

(2) winners will each receive a $25 Amazon gift card and 2 print books by Cari Lynn Webb from the Blackwells Backlist!

A Cowboy to Call Her Own blog tour giveaway JustRead Tours

Full tour schedule linked below. The giveaway begins at midnight July 28, 2026 and will last through 11:59 PM EST on August 4, 2026. Winner will be notified within 2 weeks of close of the giveaway and given 48 hours to respond or risk forfeiture of prize. US only. Void where prohibited by law or logistics.

Giveaway is subject to JustRead Publicity Tours Giveaway Policies.

Enter Giveaway


Follow along at JustRead Tours for a full list of stops!

JustRead Publicity Tours

No comments:

Post a Comment