
Welcome to the Blog Tour for A Lot Like Lavender by B.R. Goodwin, hosted by JustRead Publicity Tours!
About the Book

Title: A Lot Like Lavender
Series: Happy in Honey Hill #3
Author: B.R. Goodwin
Publisher: Independent
Release Date: August 3, 2026
Genre: Closed door romantic comedy
Operating Purple Pastures & Alpaca on my own was not ever in my plans, but neither was becoming a widow and a single mom at twenty-two. Though I love this land and the life I’ve built for myself and my daughter—including the alpacas we adore, the strays we’ve taken in along the way, and the rolling hills of lavender surrounding our farm—all the years of hard work and one-woman juggling since James’ death may not be enough to keep it all together.
In fact, I’m failing. Miserably. At farming, running a small business, managing the wild women of the Honey Hill PTA, and maintaining any semblance of a personal life.
To top off my utter insufficiencies, I’m now being forced to accept help from the last person I ever expected to show his face again, Jordan Love. But—though it pains me to admit—having him around repairing fences, caring for my fur babies, and bonding with Molly is the first time I haven’t felt so alone in all this since I lost my husband.
And most unexpectedly, Jordan's return to my life feels a lot like mending my heart.
________
For ten years, I’ve done a great job working through the grief of losing my best friend and the shame of selfishly walking away from the people we both cared about when I should have stayed. Even still, I knew coming back home to Honey Hill would dredge up regrets for past decisions. But when I see Emory Nelson for the first time since James’ death, I don’t expect the feelings I’ve kept well-suppressed for so long to come bubbling to the surface. Feelings I’ll need to get well under control if I intend to stick around.
I ran away when she needed me most. With a second chance to show up for Emory and her daughter, there’s no way I can walk away again. I'm determined to be someone she can depend on, even if it means forever pretending I don't want more.
Challenging. Beautiful. Forebearing. Resilient. Worthwhile…
Love looks a lot like lavender.
PURCHASE LINKS: Goodreads | RomanceLandia | Amazon
Excerpt
“I’m here because I’m still selfish, Red,” I say and can’t help but draw her a little closer, searching her face for worry. For distress. For a signal that what I’m feeling isn’t crazy, even if it is completely wrong. Even if I feel guilt inhabiting every nerve of my body. Because I am here, and James isn’t.
And I want to kiss Emory.
More than I want to practice medicine or ride my motorcycle or make this harsh world a little bit softer with balloons and well wishes. I want to kiss the woman who makes clothes for her pets but can’t make a meal from scratch. Who’s capable and strong and more remarkable than she knows. The woman who wears a mask for everyone else but, thanks to some stroke of providential favor, lets it fall for me.
And I don’t know what kind of man this makes me, but I want to kiss Emory more than I want to continue grieving for my best friend.
More in This Series
About the Author

B.R. Goodwin is a Georgia native, married to her college sweetheart, and the mother of three wild animal children she adores.
When she isn’t writing Christian Fiction, she’s reading, hiking, bee-keeping, soccer mom-ing, or planning her family’s next big adventure while drinking copious amounts of tea & coffee. Above all else, the heartbeat of everything she does in life, friendship, and writing is with an eye to sharing the Good News of salvation through Jesus Christ with everyone she meets. Connect with her at Facebook or Instagram.Author Interview
Q: What inspired you to write A Lot Like Lavender?
B.R.: The idea for A Lot Like Lavender originated with my husband’s and my dream to own an Airbnb and alpaca farm in our retirement. Emory was thrown into the mix back in book one of Honey Hill, Forget Me Knot, and it seemed that overarchingly, my readers were anxious to see Emory get her happy ending. I loved the idea of writing a character that felt like she had to have herself together all the time. Which is SO not me.
I tried to write the complicated feelings of a widow finding love as heartbreaking and also hopeful. One of my dear friends and readers is a widow who found love a second time and was gracious enough to share her story with me. It felt deeply personal to write something with her in mind, while also kind of self-reflecting in a way I think many happily married women do, playing the “what if” game. What would I do in this situation? What would that grief look like? Could I ever fall in love a second time?
My hope is that anyone reading this, who may be in a difficult season or walking through grief, pain, loneliness, etc., would look to Jesus Christ as the true comforter and provider of all that we need.
Q: How long did it take to write this book?
B.R.: Seven grueling months. Usually my romcoms take about 2-3 months, depending on family life and my schedule. I began writing this novel in November 2025, then moved internationally with my family in early January. That transition, caring for my kids, diving into our new community, and supporting my husband, really took a toll on my writing time and creativity. It felt like such a huge accomplishment to finally type “the end.”
Q: What surprised you while researching/writing this novel?
B.R.: I don’t generally get emotional while writing, but A Lot Like Lavender held quite a few “firsts” for me. So, when I couldn’t make it through the bonus epilogue (don’t skip out on that one, gals) without a little weep sesh, I found myself pretty surprised.
Q: Do you have a favorite quote from A Lot Like Lavender?
B.R.: Bleh. Can I share two? I think I have to. They're both important and I couldn’t narrow it down. :)
I love when Jordan says,
“And I don’t know what kind of man this makes me, but I want to kiss Emory more than I want to continue grieving for my best friend.”
It’s so honest and such a conundrum of emotions he’s been fighting. The man’s patience knows no end and this moment felt like he was finally being honest with himself. That those feelings he’d try to deny were not going to disappear.
My favorite of Emory’s is from my favorite scene in the whole book,
“The paper has to come off. It has to be today. Tonight. Right now. I can’t abide one more night with it hanging over this bed. Over my life.
“I’m ready,” I whisper, hoarse and depleted into the dim light of my bedroom.”
This woman has truly been through more loss than most can imagine. The final stripping down and surrender to that grief and allowing herself to move forward was the removal of the horrible wallpaper that had haunted her for so long. This is the climatic moment for her, and it had nothing to do with a new found love, but everything to do with the freedom she needed to have to continue living.
Q: When did you first know you wanted to be an author?
B.R.: I wrote so many “books” as a kid. My mom probably has them stored away somewhere in her basement. I studied fine art in college and even had my freshman English teacher encourage me to pursue creative writing. I remember saying to her “I’ll never be able to get a job doing that…”
It took over ten years of my husband encouraging me to write before I sat down to tap out my first novel, What Remains in the Wilderness. It’s a YA, Christian dystopian novel and I didn’t know if it would ever go anywhere, but I LOVED the way the story came together. Eleven books later, I am so grateful to God for the chance to create in a way I never imagined I would, that I get to share the Gospel so uniquely with potentially thousands of strangers, and that I get to write “kissing” books for a living.
Q: Would you share something about yourself that most readers wouldn’t know?
B.R.: This is such a silly detail, but most of my books contain quite a bit of food. Homemade recipes, scones, MoonPies, cookies, pretzels, etc. But, I actually have to adhere to a pretty strict diet thanks to an inflammatory disease, so most of the food I write about I don’t actually eat. Maybe it’s like therapy. I love when readers tell me they made treats to go along with the books as they read. For A Lot Like Lavender, you’re gonna need a plate of brownies.
Q: What are you currently reading?
B.R.: I’m currently reading an early copy of an upcoming release, Made Like the Moon, by one of my dearest friends and critique partners, Carrie Cotten. It’s a Christian Mafia Romance (you don’t hear those words put together very often) and so far it is so delightfully entertaining.
Q: What is your favorite genre to read?
B.R.: I love Romantasy. Romcoms. Anything quirky and unexpected.
Q: What is your favorite hobby?
B.R.: I started running a couple of years ago recreationally. (Like, no bears chasing me are even involved.) I am NOT a runner by nature, but working my way up to high mileage and seeing that longevity and mental clarity grow as I train has been such a cool blessing. It’s become such an important part of my life, something I really look forward to, and something I’ve been able to share with my kids, which makes it extra special.
Q: What is your favorite season and why?
B.R.: I LOVE Spring. Everything is fresh and new and there’s nothing better than losing some layers after being bundled all winter long. I also recently moved to a small village in Western Germany. Our home has a beautiful Hausgarten, a flower garden filled to the brim with tulips in the Spring and every flower you can think of blooming from early March through July. I’m already looking forward to Spring 2027.
Tour Giveaway
(3) winners will each receive a signed paperback copy of Grits and Glamor (A Romance on the Menu Christian Romcom) as well as an exclusive swag pack including stickers and character print!

Full tour schedule linked below. The giveaway begins at midnight August 17, 2026 and will last through 11:59 PM EST on August 24, 2026. Winners will be notified within 2 weeks of close of the giveaway and given 48 hours to respond or risk forfeiture of prize. US/CAN only. Void where prohibited by law or logistics.
Giveaway is subject to JustRead Publicity Tours Giveaway Policies.
Follow along at JustRead Tours for a full list of stops!



No comments:
Post a Comment