
Welcome to the Blog + Review Tour for High Exposure by Kelly Borjas, hosted by JustRead Publicity Tours!
About the Book

Title: High Exposure
Series: Jagged Edges #1
Author: Kelly Borjas
Publisher: Kregel Publications
Release Date: September 15, 2026
Genre: Romantic Suspense
The riveting start to an adventure-driven romantic suspense series from a debut author.
Determined travel blogger Julia Stevens is on her final assignment in snowy Silverberg, Colorado. She's running from her past—and God—but the charm of small-town life brings little comfort when she's face-to-face with the winter sport that killed her sister: skiing. Upon her arrival in town, she discovers a dead body and is quickly compelled to research the situation, give justice to the man's story, and kick off her new career in journalism.
Cade Haskins is back home after a failed mission and his subsequent retirement from the DEA. His father's declining health has pushed Cade to prioritize family, and he helps at the historic Silverberg Hotel on his dad's behalf. When Julia shows up at the hotel, Cade becomes her local contact. He quickly realizes she has a knack for sniffing around where she shouldn't, and he attaches himself to her side.
With the local death connected to a meth ring, Julia's investigation has unknowingly put a target on her back. As the danger increases and she begins to learn more about Cade and his family, she finds herself trusting the God she was running from. And Cade? He doesn't want to get dragged back into DEA work, but it seems like he may not have a choice if he wants to protect Julia . . . and his growing attraction to her.
PURCHASE LINKS: Goodreads | Kregel Books | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Bookshop | BookBub
Excerpt
“You.” Her brows rose.
Man, he was a sucker for the dark-hair and blue-eyes combo. “What?”
“You’re the one who rescued me earlier today.”
He hadn’t recognized her without her hat on, but now the truth hit him full force. The woman from the field. He should apologize, but what could he say? It was still a stupid decision, one that could’ve had dire consequences.
They stared at each other for a long moment. The air around them crackled, and Cade forced himself to take a breath. Did she feel this instant attraction? Or was it friction after their earlier meeting? He blinked, reining his thoughts. He couldn’t afford any distractions. And one drop-dead-gorgeous travel writer might turn out to be just that. A distraction.
“I’m Cade. Bruce’s son. He’s . . . unavailable. I’ll be your contact.”
She plopped a leather tote bag on the floor and pulled a pen from the bun in her hair, offering a view of her slight blush. “Should we get started?”
Maybe she wanted to avoid discussion of their earlier meeting as well. “Sure.”
Julia set a camera on the table, then grabbed her laptop and a leather-bound notebook from the bag by her feet. Clad in dark jeans and a button-down shirt, she crossed her legs, the embodiment of prim and proper.
“Tell me how this job of yours works.” He leaned forward.
“I’m employed by Adventures Through America magazine. I work my way through a location—the restaurants, coffee shops, tourist attractions—and get to know the culture of each place I visit, learn local stories. I post to my socials as I go and publish to my online newsletter, The Traveling Truthteller, then write a full article for the magazine at the end.”
“So you’re like a travel blogger.”
Her face flushed. “I blog about traveling, yes, but I’m a paid writer for a magazine, not just a blogger. Besides, we don’t really call them blogs anymore.” She straightened, passion flowing out of her eyes.
About the Author

Kelly Borjas grew up in Southwest Colorado and later moved to Southern California. She has a degree in communication studies from Biola University and a master's in leadership and organizational studies from Azusa Pacific University. She is a cohost of the Lit Ladies podcast. Find her at kellyborjas.com.
Author Interview
Q: What inspired you to write High Exposure?
Kelly: I grew up in Colorado and thought it would be the perfect setting for a romantic suspense story! I wanted an adventurous heroine and a protective hero. Once I started piecing together the adventures I wanted for Julia, the rest came to fruition: the meth ring, the DEA background, the family hotel.
Q: How long did it take to write this book?
Kelly: The first draft took probably 4-5 months. However, I have written and rewritten this book more than any other story! It’s been living on my computer for eleven years! (In that time I’ve taken breaks, written other books, etc., but I kept coming back to this one).
Q: What surprised you while researching/writing this novel?
Kelly: I gained such a respect for the DEA. It’s not a branch of law enforcement I had paid much attention to over the years, but I truly appreciate the mission and work the DEA does. I also appreciate how law enforcement agencies work together for successful operations. There is so much that goes on “behind the scenes” of real law enforcement, and I am so humbly grateful for the work these agencies do to protect citizens.
Q: Do you have a favorite quote from High Exposure?
Kelly: I love this realization Julia comes to: “The opening of her soul was like pouring salt into an open wound. It might heal, but not without pain racking her body first.” Sometimes it hurts to heal, but the end result is worthwhile.
Q: When did you first know you wanted to be an author?
Kelly: When I was younger I tried to write a novel a couple different times, but didn’t know how to do it. I first began a version of this story after a voracious stint in reading. I’ve always written in one form or another, but I finally put a book down and realized: if all these other authors could write stories, I could try writing a novel, too. That’s when I seriously began the endeavor of starting and completing a full-length novel.
Kelly: I’m so clutzy! I wish I could be as capable as Julia, my heroine, but the reality is I’m not very athletic or coordinated.
Kelly: Kate Angelo’s Fatal Pattern is on my TBR!
Kelly: Just finished Susan Tuttle’s The Rare Jewel of Everleigh Wheaton (fiction), and Gentle and Lowly by Dane Ortlund (nonfiction).
Kelly: Aside from reading and writing (my two favorite hobbies!), I love to be outside. Walking, running, hiking, or lake days.
Kelly: Summer: I love the long days, sunshine, time outside and at the pool, extra time with my kids, and the freedom of adventures.
Tour Giveaway
(1) winner will receive a signed copy of High Exposure, a bookmark, and a $20 Amazon gift card!

Full tour schedule linked below. The giveaway begins at midnight September 15, 2026 and will last through 11:59 PM EST on September 22, 2026. Winner will be notified within 2 weeks of close of the giveaway and given 48 hours to respond or risk forfeiture of prize. US only. Void where prohibited by law or logistics.
Giveaway is subject to JustRead Publicity Tours Giveaway Policies.
Follow along at JustRead Tours for a full list of stops!

I like the excerpt.
ReplyDeleteSounds fantastic
ReplyDeleteSounds like a really good book!
ReplyDelete