Friday, May 20, 2011

Today's Publix: Good Deals, Terrible Service.

So, today I decided to try my shopping at the Publix store on University in Sarasota, Florida.  I normally shop at the one on 14th Street in Bradenton, but my house is kinda in the middle, so I thought I would try the one at University.  Bad Choice.

About the Service:

I got some great deals today, but was badgered by the cashier who refused to believe that my coupons were legitimate simply because they weren't printed in color.  I know that Publix is implementing a new coupon policy and trying to tighten the reins on the coupon frenzy, but his service was unacceptable.  I actually print all coupons in black and white or grayscale to save on ink. In addition to this one of my printers is a black and white laser printer that does not even have color ability. So, he (an older man) was convinced that I had copied all of them. I tried to explain the situation, but he insisted I had copied them. He did eventually take them, but I will NEVER again shop at that Publix again.

About the Deals:

I got two Caltrate Calcium Soft Chews for $1.49 each. These are normally priced $7.99 each.  The Soft Chews were on sale for 25% off, plus I had a two $2 manufacturer coupons to use on each of them, and I had a $5/2 Publix coupon. Final price: $1.49 each. Doesn't get any better than that!

I got two Ronzoni Quick Cook Macaroni boxes for $.17.  $1.17 is the normal price. They were BOGO and I had a coupon  for $1.00/2 which brought the price down to $.17 for both boxes.

I got paid to get 4 Wishbone Salad Dressings.  Each dressing was originally priced at $2.69. They were on sale BOGO. I had a manufacturer coupon for $1.25/2 Wishbone dressings and 4 Publix coupons for $1/1 Wishbone Dressings. If I'd had more of the manufacturer coupons I would have bought more, but I used what I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment