Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pride and Prejudice: Book vs. Movie

After I finished reading Pride and Prejudice, I absolutely had to watch the movie. I had seen it before, but this time, I saw it in a completely different light because I knew all the background behind what the characters were saying. The movie does a good job of telling the story, but due to time constraints, it can not express everything as fully as the book does. As expected, the movie does deviate from the book in some parts, but I did not find any of its deviations offensive to the story. The main story line remained the same and there were parts that were verbatim from the book. I think I enjoyed the movie more once I had read the book than when I had watched it previously.

Whoever chose Simon Woods to portray Mr. Bingley did an excellent job. He acted just like the Mr. Bingley in the book and looked sufficiently like what I would have imagined him to look like. The other characters were also suitable to their counterparts in the book.

As almost always is the case, I liked the book better than the movie. However, this movie is still quite good and even more enjoyable now that I have read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment