Friday, July 10, 2020

First Line Fridays: At Love's Command by Karen Witemeyer

Happy Friday! 

First Line Fridays is hosted by Hoarding Books and participants share the first line from a nearby book.

Today, I'm sharing the first line from At Love's Command by Karen Witemeyer:

"According to the Good Book, there was a time for war and a time for peace."

Have you read this book? Book blurb below and you can read my review here.

What are you reading this weekend? I'd love for you to share your book's first line!

Happy reading!



About the Book:

He's fought through ruthless outlaws and injury. But with her, he's tempted to surrender.

Haunted by the horrors of war, ex-cavalry officer Matthew Hanger leads a band of mercenaries known as Hanger's Horsemen who have become legends in 1890s Texas. They defend the innocent and obtain justice for the oppressed. But when a rustler's bullet leaves one of them at death's door, they're the ones in need of saving.


Dr. Josephine Burkett is used to men taking one look at her skirts and discounting her medical skills. What she's not used to is having a man change his mind in a heartbeat and offer to assist her in surgery. Matthew's dedication to his friend during recovery earns Josephine's respect, and when her brother is abducted, he becomes her only hope for rescue.


When plans go awry and Josephine is caught in the crossfire, Matthew may have to sacrifice everything--even his team--to save her.

First Line Fridays hosted by Hoarding Books

16 comments:

  1. That is a good opening line! Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really can't wait to read this one! Everyone's had such great things so say about it.

    On my blog this week, I'm sharing the first line (from the prologue) of The Solid Grounds Coffee Company by Carla Laureano:

    "By all accounts, Suesca was haunted."

    I hope you have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a good weekend with plenty of reading time!

      Delete
  3. Happy Friday!
    On my blog I'm sharing the first lines from Start With Me by Kara Issac: https://christianfictiongirl.blog/2020/07/10/first-line-friday-143/. It's a fantastic novel! Currently I'm reading The Trouble With Love by Toni Shiloh so I'll share from there.
    "If I was going on a non-date with Waldorf Emmett Bell, I wanted to look my best."
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend! 😀❤📚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Start With Me! Hoping to write up my review soon! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  4. Happy Friday!
    On my blog today my first line comes from Christmas in Bayberry by Jennifer Faye.
    "Big lazy snowflakes drifted toward the ground"
    https://www.musingsofasassybookishmama.com/2020/07/first-line-friday-christmas-in-bayberry.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Christmas in July! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  5. My first line this week is from A BRIDE OF CONVENIENCE by Jody Hedlund:
    Vancouver Island January 12, 1863
    “I ain’t gonna make it, Zoe.”

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Karen Witemeyer books! I'm currently reading Ready to Trust by Tina Radcliffe and the first line is "Reece Rainbolt stepped into the Rebel, Oklahoma, law office of Edwin P. Sanders, Esquire." I hope you have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete