Friday, September 2, 2022

My August 2022 Reads and September 2022 TBR

My August 2022 Reads: 

August 2022 was quite a month in my house. We started into our 2022-2023 homeschooling year. I worked on cleaning out a storage room. We celebrated my younger daughter's birthday. And we dealt with sickness for 10+ days.  Dealing with all the sickness was tough, but it did afford me extra reading time. 

Without further ado... my list of reads in August 2022:
  1. Unwritten by Charles Martin - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Loved this book. It made me think - what drives a person to the point of suicide?

  2. Nightshade by Ronie Kendig - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Read my review.

  3. Digitalis by Ronie Kendig  - ⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Not as good as Nightshade (book 1 in the Discarded Heroes series), but still entertaining.

  4. To Love a Prince by Rachel Hauck - ⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Enjoyable, but not as good as some of her other works.

  5. Winning the Gentleman by Kristi Ann Hunter - ⭐⭐⭐ - Just an okay read. I didn't like it nearly as much as Vying for the Viscount (book 1) in the Hearts on the Heath series.

  6. Stuart Little by E.B. White - ⭐⭐⭐ - A read-aloud with my daughters. We loved everything except the ending... Margalo!




Expected September 2022 Reads:


  1. The Lady's Mine by Francine Rivers - My local book club's selection for September. I read this novel when it released and I'm looking forward to experiencing it again! Read my review.

  2. Mothering by the Book by Jennifer Pepito - Currently reading and loving.

  3. The Hidden Prince by Tessa Afshar - Currently reading and enjoying.

  4. Prayer Without Pretending by Angela Ashwin - I'm currently reading and learning so much. Wish I had read it years ago!

  5. Suncoast Empire: Bertha Honore Palmer, Her Family, and the Rise of Sarasota by Frank A. Cassell - I've been interested in Bertha Honore Palmer since I read about her as a side character in Jocelyn Green's Veiled in Smoke. I love visiting her estate, Historic Spanish Point, which is about 45 minutes away. Looking forward to learning more about her  and her family.




What will you read this month?

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're feeling better. You did read a lot of great books in August.

    ReplyDelete