
Welcome to the Blog Tour for Restoring Hope by Philippa Cleall, hosted by JustRead Publicity Tours!
About the Book

Title: Restoring Hope
Series: Restored from Ashes #1
Author: Philippa Cleall
Publisher: Ark House Press
Release Date: October 31, 2025
Genre: Contemporary Christian Fiction
Can she find safety and belonging, before the past finds her?
After escaping an abusive marriage, Hope Elkins returns to the quiet town of Wombat Valley to reopen her late grandmother’s café, The Hearth—not to chase a dream, but to rebuild her life.
Drawn in by the scent of wood-fired pizza and the warmth of old and new faces, Hope begins to find more than comfort within the café’s walls. As The Hearth fills with stories and second chances, she forms unlikely bonds with others—Ruby, a fiercely guarded teen; Nova, a young mother on the run; and Joe, the gentle local vet carrying grief of his own.
With the support of her new community, Hope begins to heal and is gently drawn back to the faith she thought she’d left behind. But when a charming, dangerous figure from her past resurfaces, she must decide whether to stand firm in the life she’s begun to rebuild, or risk losing it all.
Restoring Hope is a tender, uplifting story of resilience, rediscovery, and the quiet strength found in faith, friendship, and a place to belong
PURCHASE LINKS: Goodreads | Author's Website | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Bookshop | BookBub
Excerpt
Scene: Meeting Eve (Page 62)
Hope’s voice lowered. “I think I’ve been holding everyone at arm’s length, especially anything that smelled like church. But Eve … she made it feel like maybe genuine faith isn’t about unwritten rules and Sunday faces. Maybe it’s people actually being real. Having hands that help, a desire to understand, and hearts that wait to listen.”
Ruby didn’t say anything right away, but her expression shifted to become something thoughtful, even cautious hopefulness.
“I didn’t know you were still open to all that,” Ruby said finally, watching her carefully.
“I wasn’t sure either,” Hope admitted. “But something about Eve challenged me … and I realised that although I didn’t feel God’s presence in places I ran from, my experience here might be different.”
Another pause. Then Ruby asked, quietly, “Do you think Nova will be okay?”
Hope reached out and gently took the tea towel from Ruby’s shoulder, folding it. “She’s scared. But she’s braver than she knows. And she’s not alone.”
She looked at Ruby then and held her gaze. “Neither are you.”
Ruby swallowed and glanced away, but she didn’t leave.
Hope didn’t push, just stood there in the soft light, letting the truth linger in the air.
Outside, the evening deepened. A prayer formed in Hope’s heart. It was just a whisper, asking God to protect Nova and Lily, and to show them a safe way forward. She felt heard.
More in This Series
About the Author

Philippa Cleall is a Children’s and Family Counsellor and volunteer Court Chaplain on the south coast of NSW, in Australia. She has a heart for seeing communities become more trauma informed so they can care for those hurting with greater wisdom, compassion, grace, and truth.
Connect with Philippa by visiting philippacleall.com.Author Interview
Q: What inspired you to write Restoring Hope?
Philippa: Surprisingly, I did not have this book in mind at all beforehand. I woke one morning with a strong sense that this story had been laid on my heart by God. In some respects, this book reflects parts of my own life story, but the resolution of the narrative tells a story I wish that had been my own.
Q: How long did it take to write this book?
Philippa: Once the story concept was formed, I became very focused on writing. My husband might even use the word “obsessed”. I spent most nights after work writing until midnight for months until the manuscript for Restoring Hope was finished. The book was completed in under five months.
Q: What surprised you while researching/writing this novel?
Philippa: While I knew I would need to carefully portray traumatised characters interacting with caring and authentic people, I was most surprised by how instinctive my understanding was of the role of nature and animals in therapeutic healing. I have always had pets, and I rarely let a day pass without spending time outdoors, whether walking or appreciating something naturally beautiful. However, before writing this story, I had not fully considered how essential these elements are in a healing journey for someone who has been harmed.
Q: Do you have a favorite quote from Restoring Hope?
Philippa: There are too many favourites to choose just one. However, I dedicated this novel to my adult daughter, who returned to her faith two years ago after a time wandering in the spiritual wilderness. When writing these words spoken by Joe, I was particularly thinking of her:
“God never stops reaching, even when we’re running. And when He brings someone home, it’s not just a return. It’s a restoration. You’re not the same as you were before. You’re stronger. You’re … more precious.”
Q: When did you first know you wanted to be an author?
Philippa: I completed a diploma in professional creative writing almost 30 years ago, but then allowed the idea of writing a novel to drift as life took me in many different directions. Perhaps God was holding that calling for the right time and later placed it on my heart to begin this series.
Q: Would you share something about yourself that most readers wouldn’t know?
Philippa: I am deeply interested in research and information. In the evenings, while my husband Greg scrolls through fishing or car maintenance videos on YouTube, I am often energetically researching a topic related to faith, social justice, or a global issue that has captured my attention that day. After a couple of hours of reading and reflecting, I usually try to share a summary of my thoughts with Greg. To his credit, he often listens politely for a few minutes at least.
Q: What are you currently reading?
Philippa: This Book Made Me Think of You by Libby Page. It is a wonderful, feel-good story that encourages a character who is deeply grieving to move forward in her life.
Q:. What is your favorite genre to read?
Philippa: I enjoy realistic contemporary Christian fiction and also appreciate secular small-town rural fiction. However, any well-told story, particularly one where women are encouraged to step forward with courage, is one I am drawn to.
Q: What is your favorite hobby?
Philippa: Does spending time with my grandchildren count? Aside from that, ocean swimming and gardening are two of my favourite pastimes, and I also enjoy painting.
Q: What is your favorite season and why?
Philippa: I love autumn. The ocean is still warm, and the sun has lost its fierce summer intensity, instead casting a softer light that makes everything appear more beautiful and richly coloured before winter gently draws nature into hibernate.
Tour Giveaway
(1) winner will receive a $25 B&N gift card + a 'Kangaroo Valley' souvenir prize pack from Australia!
(1) additional winner will also receive a 'Kangaroo Valley' souvenir prize pack!

Full tour schedule linked below. The giveaway begins at midnight August 31, 2026 and will last through 11:59 PM EST on September 7, 2026. Winners will be notified within 2 weeks of close of the giveaway and given 48 hours to respond or risk forfeiture of prize. US only for gift card. Void where prohibited by law or logistics.
Giveaway is subject to JustRead Publicity Tours Giveaway Policies.
Follow along at JustRead Tours for a full list of stops!


No comments:
Post a Comment