Monday, December 28, 2009

Shades of Blue by Karen Kingsbury

Emma Landon and Brad Cutler shared a remarkable, beautiful love until a terrible mistake tore them apart, leaving them wounded and unable to heal. Years later, Brad Cutler has moved on with his life and is about to marry the love of his life when he realizes that he can not move on to the next chapter of life and until he has closure about his first love. When Brad announces he has to find Emma and close that chapter of his life, the wedding is put on hold and his relationship with his fiancée is jeopardized. Following what he believes is God's will, he searches for Emma and the healing that neither of them have ever known.

I have read approximately 10 novels by Karen Kingsbury and this one is by far my favorite. I could not put it down! I fluctuated with the characters. First, I wanted Brad to be with Emma, then I wanted him to be with Laura, back and forth I went. I cried with the characters as they worked through the deepest pain of their lives and I rejoiced as they found the healing they had needed for so long. This book is a great read and a gentle, healing story about the difficult topic of abortion.

No comments:

Post a Comment