Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Reading Journals: Out with old, in with the new!


A few years ago, my thoughtful sister-in-law gave me the My Bibliofile reading journal. It has all kinds of cute prompts in it, recommending reading lists, and space for jotting notes about books read. Prior to My Bibliofile, I used only GoodReads for keeping track of what I'd read. I recently finished off My Bibliofile with an entry for Sweet on You by Becky Wade.

Since I love being able to flip back and peruse the books I've read, it was a no-brainer to continue on with another journal. I chose this tan and beige Paperworks journal. It feels sturdy and I expect it to be durable. It has a bookmark, which is always a plus, for me. It's a bit bigger than the My Bibliophile and the lined pages provide more space for writing my notes.

I've found that jotting down notes while reading a book or directly after finishing makes it easier for me to write a thoughtful, quality book review.

So, how about you? Do you keep a reading journal? What attributes do you look for in a journal?

And here's a bonus:




This is my box of unused journals. Current count is 22. I haven't bought journals in years, but my family and friends know I like them and give them to me as presents.


No comments:

Post a Comment