Friday, June 28, 2019

First Line Fridays: Living Lies by Natalie Walters

Happy Friday!

First Line Fridays is hosted by Hoarding Books and participants share the first line from a nearby book.

Today I'm sharing the first lines from Living Lies by Natalie Walters:

"Just let go. The breeze lifted Lane Kent's auburn hair from the back of her neck."

Have you read this book?

What are you reading this weekend?

Have a great weekend! Happy reading!


About the Book:


In the little town of Walton, Georgia, everybody knows your name--but no one knows your secret. 

At least that's what Lane Kent is counting on when she returns to her hometown with her five-year-old son. Dangerously depressed after the death of her husband, Lane is looking for hope. What she finds instead is a dead body.

Lane must work with Walton's newest deputy, Charlie Lynch, to uncover the truth behind the murder. But when that truth hits too close to home, she'll have to decide if saving the life of another is worth the cost of revealing her darkest secret.


First Line Fridays hosted by Hoarding Books

12 comments:

  1. I loved Living Lies! It was such a nail biter, and kept me guessing right through.

    Today on my blog, I'm sharing the first line from All Manner of Things by Susie Finkbeiner:

    "We sat at the end of the dock, my father and me."

    https://thepreppybookprincess.blogspot.com/2019/06/first-line-friday-all-manner-of-things.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Living Lies yet, but it's on the TBR stack, patiently waiting!

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday! My first line is from "The Pink Bonnet" by Liz Tolsma:

    "Momma, Momma, watch me."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living Lies is a great debut!

    My first line is from No Ocean Too Wide by Carrie Turansky. It came out a few days ago!
    London 1909
    Katie McAlister’s heart pounded a frantic beat as she gripped the rickety railing and rushed down the back stairs.
    Great historical book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Living Lies last month hope you enjoy it!

    Today on my blog I shared the first 2 lines from Until the Mountains Fall by Connilyn Cossette but it's also my current read so I'll share the first line from chapter 7 where I am now: "I found my father on the roof, on his knees." It's amazing so far! Hope you have a wonderful weekend with plenty of quality reading time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read Until the Mountains Fall! I'm actually read Shelter of the Most High by her right now! Happy reading to you!

      Delete
  5. Yes, I've read Living Lies. I'd like to see more Christian novels like this, which address mental health issues.

    I'm sharing the opening line from The Secret to Hummingbird Cake by Celeste Fletcher McHale over on my blog today, and I'm currently reading Wickedly Charming by Kristine Grayson. I clicked "buy" on the first line of the sample:

    "Book Fair. The very words of the sign filled Mellie with loathing. Book Fair indeed. More like Book Unfair."

    Quirky, and it appeals to my sense of humour. I'm halfway through and loving it! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book is on my tbr list!

    Today I’m sharing on my blog the first line from The Cowboy’s Convenient Marriage by Valerie Comer.

    Spencer Haviland had prided himself on planning his life to the tiniest detail.

    ReplyDelete