Saturday, November 2, 2019

October Recap & Expected November Reads

My October 2019 Reads:

The monthly recap is one of my favorite posts to create. I'll share what I've been reading and what I hope to read. In October, I finished:
  1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

  2. When God Says Wait: A Devotional Thought Journal  by Elizabeth Laing Thompson. - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Read my review.

  3. The Courage to See: Daily Inspiration from Great Literature by Greg Garrett and Sabrina Fountain. - ⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Read my review.

  4. How to Say No Without Feeling Guilty by Patti Breitman and Connie Hatch. - ⭐⭐⭐⭐

  5. Unscripted by Davis Bunn. - ⭐⭐⭐ - Read my review.

  6. Outbreak by Davis Bunn. - ⭐⭐⭐ - Review coming soon.

  7. A Distance Too Grand by Regina Scott - ⭐⭐⭐ - Review coming soon.

  8. Woe Is I by Patricia T O'Connor - ⭐⭐⭐ - Took me over a year to make it through this one....

  9. We Hope for Better Things by Erin Bartels - ⭐⭐⭐ - Review coming soon.

This month's reading was a bit disappointing. As you can see, several books received only a three-star rating from me. However... Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen was spectacular, as always, and easily my favorite read of the month.


Expected November 2019 Reads:

In November, I expect to read:
  1. Once Upon a Dickens Christmas by Michelle Griep - Generally, I don't like novellas. However, I love Michelle Griep's books, so I'm willing to give this set a try.

  2.  The Memory House by Rachel Hauck. - My local book club's pick for this month.

  3. The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis - Currently in progress!

  4. 100 Extraordinary Stories of Prayer for Courageous Girls - My daughters loved 100 Extraordinary Stories for Courageous Girls so I think they'll enjoy this one as well.

  5. Save the Cat! Writes a Novel by Jessica Brody. - Currently reading and enjoying!

  6. Silver Willow by the Shore by Kelli Stuart - A new-to-me author!

  7. Coral by Sara Ella - I'm a bit intimidated by this book. I've seen so much bookstagram love for Sara Ella's books, but I'm expecting it to be an emotionally difficult read.




 What will you read this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment