Friday, January 1, 2021

First Line Fridays: The Price of Valor by Susan May Warren

Happy Friday!

First Line Fridays is hosted by Hoarding Books and participants share the first line from a nearby book.

Today, I'm sharing the first line from The Price of Valor by Susan May Warren:

"As long as Hamilton Jones had breath in his body, nothing, not even tooth decay, would hurt his little girl."

Have you read The Price of Valor? If not, check out the book blurb below. I'm happy to say this book is getting close to the top of my TBR!

What are you reading this weekend? I'd love for you to share your book's first line!

Happy reading!



About the Book:

A high-octane mix of love and adventure.

Kidnapped by rebels while serving as a humanitarian aid worker in Chechnya, Signe Kincaid has spent the past decade secreting out valuable information about Russian assets in the US to her CIA handler. Fearing for her daughter after being discovered as an operative, Signe sends her to former Navy SEAL Hamilton Jones for safekeeping. Signe is ready to give her life for her country, and she can hardly expect Ham to rescue her after breaking his heart over and over.

Hamilton Jones has never forgotten the only woman he loved--and he can't believe after all these years she's shown up alive. But can he forgive her for her secrets? And, when Ham discovers the reason Signe has kept her distance, he must choose between love for her and love for the nation he has vowed to protect.

Will he save the many? Or the few? And what is the price of valor? 


First Line Fridays hosted by Hoarding Books

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Susan May Warren! I'll have to add this book to my wishlist :) I hope you can stop by:

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2021/01/my-weekly-bookishness-112021.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!!! 🎉🎉🎉
    Over on my blog, I'm sharing the first line from The Thief of Blackfriars Lane by Michelle Griep:
    https://christianfictiongirl.blog/2021/01/01/first-line-friday-168/. It's a great story! Currently, I'm reading The Twelve Holidates by Emma St. Clair, so I'll share from there:
    "I have to wonder if the blogger who suggested waiting inside a giant stocking for your significant other actually tried it first."
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend full of fun reading time! 🙂❤📚

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first line comes from Tidewater Bride by Laura Frantz
    James Towne, Virginia Colony. Spring 1634
    Alas, she was not a tobacco bride but she had been given charge of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!
    The first line I shared this week is from The Dress Shop on King Street by Ashley Clark. I'm currently reading it too so I'll share the first line from my current chapter (33) here: "The air was thick with humidity and the smells of birth as Millie came in and out of consciousness." This book is amazing so far and is not very easy to put down at all. I have a pretty good feeling it'll get finished tonight. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete