Friday, August 5, 2022

July 2022 Reading Recap & August 2022 TBR


My July 2022 Reads: 
  1. Love and the Dream Come True by Tammy L. Gray - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Read my review.

  2. The Bound Heart by Dawn Crandall - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Read my review.

  3. Vying for the Viscount by Kristi Ann Hunter - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Read my review.

  4. The Captive Imposter by Dawn Crandall - ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 

  5. Love's Fortress by Jennifer Uhlarik - ⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Read my review.

  6. A Tenuous Betrothal by Jen Geigle Johnson - ⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Read my review.

  7. The Cautious Maiden by Dawn Crandall - ⭐⭐⭐ - Read my mini-review on Goodreads (with spoilers).

  8. Enchanting Nicholette by Dawn Crandall - ⭐⭐⭐

  9. Florida: A Pictoral History by Hampton Dunn - ⭐⭐⭐ - Mixed feelings on this one. Lots of history, but could have been organized better. Also, a product of it's times - POC are almost completely ignored and women are frequently objectified. But yes, lots of fascinating history.

  10. Best. State. Ever: A Florida Man Defends His Homeland by Dave Barry - ⭐⭐ - Had some legitimately funny parts, but would have been better without the raunchy content.



Expected August 2022 Reads:


Since I almost completely disregarded last month's TBR list, my current TBR is largely the same! 🤣
  1. Every Word Unsaid by Kimberly Duffy - My local book club's selection for August. I read this novel when it released and I'm looking forward to experiencing it again! Read my review.

  2. Winning the Gentleman by Kristi Ann Hunter - Currently reading.

  3. The Hidden Prince by Tessa Afshar - I'm super excited about this one. Tessa's novels are always excellent!

  4. Prayer Without Pretending by Angela Ashwin - I'm currently reading and loving this book. Wish I had read it years ago!

  5. Suncoast Empire: Bertha Honore Palmer, Her Family, and the Rise of Sarasota by Frank A. Cassell - I've been interested in Bertha Honore Palmer since I read about her as a side character in Jocelyn Green's Veiled in Smoke. I love visiting her estate, Historic Spanish Point, which is about 45 minutes away. Looking forward to learning more about her  and her family.

  6.  Nightshade by Ronie Kendig - This book has been on my want-to-read list for a long time. Looks like I'm finally going to get to enjoy it! 🎉



What will you read this month?

1 comment:

  1. You did have a great month of reading in July! I hope August goes just as good!

    ReplyDelete