Friday, April 3, 2020

First Line Fridays: The Piper's Pursuit by Melanie Dickerson

Happy Friday!

First Line Fridays is hosted by Hoarding Books and participants share the first line from a nearby book.

Today I'm sharing the first lines from The Piper's Pursuit by Melanie Dickerson:

"Did Katerina dare to stay out hunting past dark?"

Have you read this book? If not, check out my review.

What are you reading this weekend? I'd love to swap first lines!

Have a great weekend! Happy reading!


About the Book:

A fairy-tale journey of intrigue and romance that reimagines the classic Pied Piper story.
A plague of rats. A giant beast outside the village walls. A host of missing children. And one young woman determined to save her people.
In 1424 Hamlin, Katerina faces threats from all sides. An outbreak of rats has overtaken the village, a mysterious beast is on a killing rampage of the village’s children, and Katerina’s evil stepfather is a dark presence inside the walls of her own home. Katerina is determined to hunt and kill the Beast of Hamlin herself before more lives are lost.
When Steffan, the handsome but brash duke’s son, comes to town seeking glory and reward, Katerina decides he might be the ally she’s been looking for—even though the only gentle thing about him seems to be the sweet music he plays on his pipe. But there’s more to Steffan than she suspects, and she finds herself drawn to him despite her misgivings.
Together Katerina and Steffan must stop the enemy from stealing the children of Hamlin. But their interference might create an even worse fate for the entire village.
First Line Fridays hosted by Hoarding Books

11 comments:


  1. My book this week is Dead End by Nancy Mehl
    Chief of Police Everett Sawyer stood over the body they’d just dug up in the old rail yard north of the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday! 🙂
    I'm currently reading Dead End by Nancy Mehl. I'm halfway through and I'm loving it so much. I'm on chapter 23, so I'll share from there:
    "Before Noah and Kaely left the restaurant, Noah called Chief Sawyer and told him about the note given to Kenny."
    Hope you have a great weekend filled with awesome reading time. 😊❤📖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! May you also have lots of reading time this weekend!

      Delete
  3. Happy Friday!

    I love Melanie Dickerson's books and I can't wait to read this one.

    On my blog this week, I'm sharing the first line from The Happy Camper by Melody Carlson:

    "Dillon Michaels was fed up-but it wasn't with dinner."

    Hope you have a great rest of your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that book, but haven't read it yet! Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  4. Happy Friday! My first line is from "A Latte Difficulty" by Angela Ruth Strong:

    "Black is a good color for coffee, not bridesmaid dresses."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m currently reading Mission Hollywood by Michelle Keener. I’m on chapter 29 so I’ll share that first line. “Lily spent New Year’s Day at home, while her dad and Noah went to the church to start work on preparations for the block party.” I hope you have a great weekend of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Friday!
    Today on my blog I shared the first line from Before I Called You Mine by Nicole Deese but I just started reading The Joy of Falling by Lindsay Harrel so I'll share the first line from chapter 3 here: "Few places reminded her more of Brent than the Saturday-morning farmers market." Hope you have a great weekend with some quality reading time :)

    ReplyDelete