Friday, December 18, 2020

First Line Fridays: The Right Kind of Fool by Sarah Loudin Thomas

Happy Friday! 

First Line Fridays is hosted by Hoarding Books and participants share the first line from a nearby book.

Today, I'm sharing the first line from The Right Kind of Fool by Sarah Loudin Thomas.

"As the sun climbed above the horizon, strokes of lavender, orange, and pink painted the awakening sky."

Have you read The Right Kind of Fool? If not, check out the book blurb below and read my review. I found this book fascinating and gave it five stars! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

What are you reading this weekend? I'd love for you to share your book's first line!

Happy reading!



About the Book:

Thirteen-year-old Loyal Raines is supposed to stay close to home on a hot summer day in 1934. When he slips away for a quick swim in the river and finds a dead body, he wishes he'd obeyed his mother. Desperate for help, he runs to the mountain cabin of his mostly absentee father, frantically trying to communicate the news with his hands.


Driven away by fear and guilt over his son's deafness, Creed has played a distant part in Loyal's life and language. But when he's pulled into the murder investigation, he discovers that what sets his son apart isn't his inability to hear but rather his courage. As the impact of the murder ripples through their West Virginia town, both will learn what it took to kill a man and what it takes to become one.


First Line Fridays hosted by Hoarding Books

6 comments:

  1. I loved The Right Kind of Fool!

    I finally got this book today, I’ve been waiting all month:
    The Dress Shop on King Street by Ashley Clark,
    From the prologue:
    Charleston, South Carolina, 1860
    The candlelight sent a shadow of Rose up against the wooden wall. From the shadow, Rose looked taller. Stronger. Funny thing about shadows. They made even the smallest things into monsters or fairies or whatever folks wanted.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just received that one as well. I'm looking forward to it. Have a good rest of the weekend.

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday!
    On my blog today I'm sharing the first few lines from Jody Hedlund's A Cowboy for Keeps: https://christianfictiongirl.blog/2020/12/18/first-line-friday-166/. I'm currently on chapter 17 so I'll share from there.
    "Greta hadn't been ready for their kiss to end and wanted to press into Wyatt, showing him he didn't have to stop, that he could go on kissing her for as long as he wanted."
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend! 🙂❤📚

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday!!

    Over on my blog I am sharing the first line from Runaway River by Kim D. Taylor
    "The children were finally asleep.All fifty six of them."
    https://www.musingsofasassybookishmama.com/2020/12/first-line-friday-runaway-river.html

    Have an amazing weekend!📚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fifty-six!!! Thanks for sharing! Have a good rest of the weekend!

      Delete