Friday, May 31, 2019

First Line Fridays: Wooing Cadie McCaffrey

Happy Friday!

First Line Fridays is hosted by Hoarding Books and participants share the first line from a nearby book.

Today I'm sharing the first lines from Wooing Cadie McCaffrey by Bethany Turner:

"Four years ago, on my thirtieth birthday, I had two very important realizations."

Have you read this book? It released in May and I read it *TWICE* last weekend. Review to come soon!

What are you reading this weekend?

Have a great weekend! Happy reading!


About the Book:

After four years with her boyfriend, Cadie McCaffrey is thinking of ending things. Convinced Will doesn't love her in the "forever" way she loves him, Cadie believes it's time for her to let him go before life passes her by. When a misunderstanding leads to a mistake, leaving her hurt, disappointed, and full of regret, she finally sends him packing. 

But for Will, the end of their relationship is only the beginning of his quest to figure out how to be the man Cadie wanted him to be. With the dubious guidance of his former pro-athlete work friends and tactics drawn from Cadie's favorite romantic comedies, Will attempts to win her back. It's a foolproof plan. What could possibly go wrong?

First Line Fridays hosted by Hoarding Books

16 comments:

  1. Read it twice! Must be good :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over on my blog, I'm sharing the first line from A Reluctant Bride by Jody Hedlund. Here I'll share with you the first line from chapter 4 of the same book.
    "Mercy stood in the long line of tenants waiting for a turn at the water spigot at the back of the building."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh!!! I can't wait to read that one. Expecting my copy to arrive soon! Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. Happy Friday!
    Today on my blog I am sharing the first line from Summer by the Tides by Denise Hunter: https://christianfictiongirl.blog/2019/05/30/first-line-friday-89/. I am currently on chapter 4, so I will share a line from there.

    "The sun was almost overhead by the time Connor has a moment to breathe."

    Hope you have a great weekend. Happy reading! 🤗💚📚

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover of this book! Happy reading Jolene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and the cover is so perfect for the story! Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  5. YAY! Looking forward to reading all about Cadie and Will! I'm currently reading The Reluctant Guardian by Susanne Dietze... "With a furtive pat, Gemma Lyfeld blotted her nerve-damp palms on her white muslin gown."

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVED Cadie McCaffrey!!!
    Today on my blog I featured A Reluctant Bride by Jody Hedlund which I just finished last night. My next read is going to be Where Hope Begins by Catherine West so I'll share that first line here: "My husband is leaving me." I think I'm in for an intense read! Hope you have a wonderful weekend with some quality reading time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm hoping my copy of A Reluctant Bride arrives soon! I love Jody Hedlund's books! Happy reading!

      Delete
  7. I'm planning to read it soon! I'm sharing from Kelly Irvin's Through the Autumn Air on my blog today. Here is the second sentence:

    "Mary Katherine Ropp stood motionless in the middle of her kitchen, a platter holding a two-layer German chocolate cake covered in whipped cream cheese frosting nestled in her hands."

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Weekend! My first line is from "When Love Blossoms: Book 2 of the Kindred Lake Series" by Elaine Stock:

    "Kierra Madden grasped the phone tighter in both disbelief and gratitude."

    ReplyDelete