Friday, July 5, 2019

First Line Fridays: The Number of Love by Roseanna M. White

Happy Friday!

First Line Fridays is hosted by Hoarding Books and participants share the first line from a nearby book.

Today I'm sharing the first lines from The Number of Love by Roseanna M. White:

"The numbers marched across the page in a glory all their own."

Have you read this book? It released back in June so it's pretty new. If you're interested, you can read my review here.

What are you reading this weekend?

Have a great weekend! Happy reading!


About the Book:

The Toughest Puzzle She'll Have to Solve 
Might Be the Wishes of Her Own Heart

Three years into the Great War, England's greatest asset is their intelligence network--field agents risking their lives to gather information, and codebreakers able to crack German telegrams for hints of the enemy's plans. Margot De Wilde thrives in the environment of the secretive Room 40, where she spends her days deciphering intercepted messages. But when her world is turned upside down by an unexpected loss, she discovers for the first time in her life that numbers aren't enough.


Drake Elton returns wounded from the field, followed by an enemy who just won't give up. He's smitten quickly by the quick and brainy Margot, but soon the dangers of the war draw ever closer. Margot and Drake will have to team up to save themselves from the very secrets that brought them together.
First Line Fridays hosted by Hoarding Books

10 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! My first line is from "Risking Love" by Toni Shiloh:

    "Welcome to The Maple...Pit."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been hearing lots of buzz about that one! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. Yes, I've read this (yay for advance review copies!). I think it's her best yet.


    I'm sharing from Sing a New Song by Candee Fick on my blog, which is a fun contemporary romance. I've just started reading Across the Blue by Carrie Turansky, which is set in England in 1909. Here's the first line:

    "Isabella Grayson's shoes sank into the plush red carpet of Broadlands' south hall, and she released a soft sigh. What luxury!"

    Its about the early days of aviation, and I'm enjoying it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's one of my favorites by Roseanna M. White! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. I really want to read Roseanna’s latest book!

    Today I’m sharing on my blog the first line from Risking Love by Toni Shiloh.

    “Welcome to the Maple... Pit.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book looks so good! Love your first lines. Mine is from The Austen Escape by Katherine Reay. I hope you can stop by:

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2019/07/first-lines-friday-7519.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete